Knee Hug Yoga is also known as Apanasana. Treat yourself to a simple and effective lower back massage with Knee Hug Yoga. Knee hug yoga stretches the lower back muscles while massaging the entire back and the lower abdominal organs. Feel energy being restored to your entire body.
Knee Hug Yoga Steps :
- Lie on your back with your head resting comfortably on the floor. Make sure your chin is not higher than your forehead. If you feel any strain in your neck, place a folded blanket or towel under your head.
- Bend both knees and bring them to your chest.
- Wrap your arms around both shins, grasping your forearms or wrists. Lightly squeeze your legs.
- Gently roll from side to side, massaging the lower back. Your head rests comfortably on the floor and moves in the same direction as the body.
- For a variation, unfold your arms and place your hands on your knees. Part your knees slightly and make slow circles with them, massaging your hips and sacrum into the floor.
- Allow your movements to be slow and gentle. Your head stays on the floor at all times.