Neck rolls yoga is also known as Kantha Luthana. Most of us find that our neck bear the burnt of the stress and tension in our lives. The neck rolls yoga movements can be done while you’re sitting at your desk, watching television or waiting for the train. One side of your neck may be tighter than the other, so be gentle and don’t overstretch. The popping or gritting noises you may hear will usually subside over time. The movements lubricate and stretch the neck joints and relieve residual tension in the neck and shoulders.
Neck Rolls Yoga Steps :
- Sit with your spine comfortably extended and your head upright.
- Exhale and drop your head forward, with your chin toward your chest.
- Inhale and raise your head up so that chin is level with the floor.
- Repeat 5 to 7 times.
- With your head upright, slowly drop your left ear towards your left shoulder. Hold for a few breaths, allowing the right side of your neck to release.
- Let your right hand fall toward the floor and allow it to pull your right shoulder down slightly to gently increase the stretch.
- Take your left hand and place it just above your right ear. Increase the stretch by adding some gentle pressure with your hand, increasing the stretch ever so slightly. Be careful not to tug or pull your head to the left. Hold for 8 to 10 seconds.
- Relax the left hand to the floor, returning your head to an upright position.
- Perform the stretch on the opposite side.