Supine Butterfly Yoga Pose is also known as Urdhva Shayana Patamgama. Those who are flexible in the hips and upper thighs will relish the openings that Supine Butterfly Yoga Pose creates; those who are tighter in this area will find that this warm up eventually improves flexibility. Don’t force this exercise. Breathe into any area of tightness and allow your legs to fall open a bit more with each exhalation. By creating resistance with your hands as your legs return to center, you’ll also strengthens your inner thigh and arm muscles. It also brings extra blood to the pelvic floor and is beneficial to the pelvic floor and is beneficial to the reproductive glands.
Supine Butterfly Yoga Pose Steps :
- Lie on your back with knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Make sure your chin is not higher than your forehead. If you feel any strain in your neck, place a folded blanket or towel under your head.
- Bring the soles of your feet together and allow your knees to splay out to each side.
- Inhale and slowly begin to bring your knees back up toward each other. As they return to center, press your hands into your inner thighs to create resistance.
- Make it a leisurely journey of up to 45 seconds before your knees meet again. Repeat twice more.
- When on your back extend both legs up vertically, placing your hands on the inner thighs.
- Inhale and separate your legs as far as is comfortable.
- Exhale and bring your legs back to vertical, pressing your hands into the inner thighs, creating resistance. Continue this movement for 5 to 7 repetitions. Listen to your breath as you perform the repetitions.
- Give yourself permission to make any sounds as you do this movements.