Threading the Needle Yoga Pose is also known as Suci Sutrana. Feel tension dissipate after a few rounds of Threading the Needle yoga pose. Threading the needle yoga pose loosens the muscles in the back, shoulders and neck while releasing tension in the neck and shoulders. At the same time, it massages the abdominal organs and relaxes and refreshes the entire system.
Threading the Needle Yoga Pose Steps :
- Begin in the Table Position, with arms under shoulders and knees under hips.
- Imagine that your right hand holds a needle and long thread. Inhale and lift your arm out to the side and then up toward the ceiling; if your neck permits, allow your gaze to follow your hand.
- Exhale and thread the imaginary needle through the space under the left arm. Allow your right shoulder, upper arm and side of the face to “melt” into the floor.
- Remain in this position for several seconds. Let your breath help you soften further into the pose.
- For an added stretch, raise your left arm toward the ceiling. If your neck feels okay look up at your raised hand.
- Make small, slow clockwise circles, gradually increasing in size; then reverse direction.
- Slowly return to Table position and repeat on other side.